Kitchen renovation in Madison WI can take on many forms. The scope of kitchen renovation projects varies from small changes to knocking out walls and actually expanding square footage.
Whether you have lived in your house for many years or have just moved into your home, chances are good that there are changes you would consider making to your home to make it more functional and enjoyable. A kitchen remodel focuses on one of the most used rooms in your home – if not the most used. So, making changes through a kitchen renovation will likely have a big impact on how much you enjoy your home.
Kitchen Renovation Piece By Piece
At Sims Exteriors and Remodeling we know every family has different needs and budget plays a role in every final decision. However, before there is a final decision on, there are a few general questions with a large impact to be asked about a planned kitchen renovation. Consider the following items before calling any remodeling contractor –
- Will you be replacing the flooring? If so, with what?
- Will you be updating cabinets? If so, new, refaced or refinished?
- If you are adding new cabinets will you be upgrading with trash receptacles, slide-outs, adding a pantry or other custom cabinets?
- Will you be updating countertops? If so, with what?
- Will you be changing any of the mechanicals – plumbing, electric, heating/cooling vents?
- Will you be changing wall coverings or adding a backsplash?
- Will you be moving any walls or changing the footprint in any way?
- Are you considering adding square footage by moving an exterior wall out?
Sizing up a Kitchen Remodel
By asking these very basic questions, you will quickly start qualifying the job at hand. Will your kitchen remodel be a minor one or a major one? And, what type of budget might you need? Below are a few of the defining elements of what are industry standards for a minor and major kitchen renovation.
Minor Kitchen Remodel Example In Madison WI
In a functional but dated 200-square-foot kitchen with 30 linear feet of cabinetry and counter tops –
- Leave cabinet boxes in place
- Replace cabinet fronts with new raised-panel wood doors and drawers, including new hardware.
- Replace wall oven, cooktop, and slide-in refrigerator with new energy-efficient models.
- Replace laminate countertops
- Install mid-priced sink and faucet.
- Repaint trim
- Add wall covering
- Remove and replace resilient flooring
- Estimate investment – Midrange – $20,303
Major Kitchen Remodel Example
- Update outmoded 200-square-foot kitchen with 30 linear feet of top-of-the-line custom cherry cabinets with built-in sliding shelves and other interior accessories.
- Include stone countertops
- Imported ceramic or glass-tile backsplash
- Built-in refrigerator
- Cooktop, and 36-inch commercial grade range and vent hood
- Built-in warming drawer
- Trash compactor
- Built-in combination microwave and convection oven.
- Install high-end undermount sink with designer faucets
- Built-in water filtration system.
- Add new general and task lighting
- Low-voltage under cabinet lights
- Install cork flooring
- Cherry trim
- Estimated Investment
- Mid-range – $60,813
- Upscale – $120,301
Where To Start Your Kitchen Renovation In Madison WI
Sims Exteriors and Remodeling, Inc. specializes in kitchen renovation and kitchen remodel projects. We serve the Madison WI area including Middleton, Waunakee, Fitchburg, Oregon, Verona, McFarland, Stoughton, Cottage Grove, Sun Prairie, Deforest and all of Dane County Wisconsin.
Contact Sims Exteriors and Remodeling, Inc. – 608-825-4500 or email for kitchen design and kitchen renovation services and Madison WI.