A basement remodel is a great idea anytime. However, most remodeling contractors will be very motivated to help you get yours done over the winter.
Assuming you have made sure your basement is dry, or at least waterproofed effectively, there are any number of reasons to do a basement remodel in Madison WI.
- You get added living space for your family
- You can finish space for much less money
- You get the benefit of the space for use in inclement weather – whether hot or cold
Why Winter Can Work For Your Basement Remodel Plans
A Wisconsin winter can be long and cold. But, it is inherently a great time to update your home’s interior. Many homeowners we’ve worked with during winter told us winter was a perfect time for remodeling projects. A basement remodel will give you extra living space when you need it where it is most cost efficient. Below are a number of good reasons to consider a winter basement remodel –
- Convenient Project Scheduling – Remodeling projects requiring sub-contractors for drywall, painting, flooring, lighting and plumbing will likely be helped because there is less volume of work in the winter months in Madison WI.
- Contractor Availability – Because remodeling contractors have fewer projects, scheduling is less of an issue. It’s likely your contractor will have more time to work with you in planning and designing your basement remodel. As work picks up in the spring for remodeling contractors, this process may take longer.
- Avoid Manufacturer Spring Price Increases – Budget concerns are part of every remodeling project. Take advantage of reduced prices. Manufacturers do not want to carry excess inventory over the winter and you can benefit with favorable pricing. Often, price increases for lumber products, windows and cabinet lines occur in the spring.
- Clean-up – Many homeowners are concerned about dust, fumes and areas for staging the work, so they will wait until spring. However, Sims Exteriors and Remodeling uses technology to keep your home clean while your basement remodel is being done. We use fans with negative pressure, plastic zip doors, and seal off heat ducts with filters to contain dust, debris and fumes. Professional remodeling contractors will be equipped to protect your home.
- Permit Approvals & Inspections – Government agencies are usually less busy in winter. This makes getting permits and inspections easier and quicker for remodeling contractors in Madison WI.
- Vacation Time – You can avoid a lot of the disruption of a remodeling project. If you are planning a vacation, most remodeling contractors will be happy to coordinate schedules to do work while you are away. You might arrive home with the project finished, ready for you and your family.
- Plants and Lawns Are Dormant – whether you bring materials in for a basement remodel or are adding new siding or installing replacement windows, your plants and lawn are dormant and will be damaged little or not at all.
- No Summer Vacation Interruptions – by doing a remodeling project in the winter, your summer is wide open for your family’s plans and with a basement remodel, use throughout the summer.
- Better Overall Price Controls – In addition to better materials costs, remodeling contractors will often offer a discount in the winter months to keep their staff fully engaged all year. In fact, Sims Exteriors and Remodeling offers a 20% price incentive for any interior of exterior remodeling project done between December 1st and March 1st. It’s a great way to more value from your remodeling dollar.
Get The Best Basement Remodel Value In Madison WI
Sims Exteriors and Remodeling has a remodeling planning guide and contractor selection guide available to help you move forward confidently in your basement remodel project. Over the years we have designed and completed many basement remodel projects. We look forward to helping you create an exciting and fun basement living area for your family. We will make your basement remodel fit your family and its needs.
We provide basement remodel services to Madison WI, Cottage Grove, Sun Prairie, Deforest, Waunakee, Middleton, Verona, Fitchburg, McFarland, Stoughton and all other communities in south central Wisconsin.
Please call us a 608-825-4500 or email us and our skilled and knowledgeable staff help you with your basement remodel in Madison WI.